Language International cannot apply for visas on behalf of students. However, we can supply you with all the documentation you need from your school as part of your application, including a letter of acceptance and a receipt of payment of fees. The application process for a visa is different for every country, but these two documents are required in most situations.

Your documents will be sent to your home address by regular mail at no charge to you. If you wish to receive your paperwork by express mail, you will be charged a shipping fee. This fee is determined by the school location and your country of residence. The school profiles on Language International show information regarding express mail fees. To ensure timely and guaranteed delivery of your documents, Language International recommends using express mail.

US student visa

If you are studying full time in the United States for more than 18 hours per week, you will also receive an I-20 that you need to submit to the US embassy along with your visa application. The I-20 has a SEVIS tracking number on it. Students who wish to apply for a student visa must pay the SEVIS fee online before going to the U.S. embassy or consulate for their visa interview. Read more details about the US student visa application process.

Please note that United States law states that an I-20 can only be issued to students who intend to pursue intensive English language study. If you plan to study an intensive English program (full-time), Language International will help issue an I-20 for you. Please note that United States law does not permit students to study part-time with an F-1 Visa. If you are studying for less than 18 hours per week, you have to apply for a Visitor Visa (B1/B2) on your own.

UK student visa

If you are studying in the UK for over 6 months, you will receive a document called a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies. Students who have successfully booked a language course using Language International and have paid their fees will receive all required documents from the school. Read more details about the UK Tier 4 General Student Visa (GSV) application process.

More information

You will find more information regarding visa application on the pages below.

What if my visa is denied? Will I get my money back?

If your visa application is denied, do not worry! Keep a copy of the visa denial letter and send it to us 7 days before your course start date. Language International will refund all your course and housing fees. View our sales and refund policy for more details.

Related articles

Browse all advice articles